JR. ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR
Las Vegas, NV – Incline Village, NV
Responsible for the takeoffs for the estimating of Electrical, DATA/Comm, Fire/Security and Audio Video scopes of work for residential, commercial and some industrial projects . Projects include a broad range of industries such as Custom homes, Tenant Improvement, Medical, Office, etc. Responsible for setting up bid file, gathering electrical drawings and specifications, performing take off, input into estimating program, reviewing proposal with Sr. Estimator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Respond to bid requests as directed by Sr. Estimator
· Analyze and interpret electrical blue prints, specifications and addendums
· Clarify scope of work as needed with customer estimators, project managers and engineers
· Attend pre-bid meetings and job walks as required for local projects
· Obtain vendor quotes
· Participate in bid strategy meetings as requested
· Maintain files of working documents on company server
· Generate proposals reports, projects bid status and contracts received
· Facilitate contract hand off to Project manager including job assumptions, special conditions etc.
· Ability to plan and prioritize work to achieve accurate and timely estimates. Successfully manage multiple estimating projects at a time
· Be willing to do what it takes to get the job done and obtain consistent proposal conversion ratio while maintaining pricing strategies
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Detail oriented and ensure accuracy of takeoff’s
· Maintain a positive attitude and perform well under deadlines and high work load when required
· Must have excellent computer skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school and two years or equivalent college electrical technical degree.
· Minimum of one year of relevant electrical estimating experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and estimating software including manipulating templates.
· Knowledge of the National Electrical Code. Familiarity with NFPA, IEEE, TIA and ANSI.
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required to meet deadlines.
· Experience in residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructures.
· Dependable, good judgment and project management skills.
· Valid Driver’s license with good records.
Send Resume to email@example.com